Peacock + Lewis
Broken Sound Club
130,000 sq. ft.
BOCA RATON, FLORIDA
The vision for the clubhouse renovation at Broken Sound Club was a complete reimagining and reprogramming to address the overwhelming desire for more casual dining options, increased card playing, event space, and exterior living. Our mandate was a comprehensive renovation of approximately 54,000 s.f. and 15,000 s.f. of new additions (not including the expanded open-air gathering terrace).
The main programmatic goals were to create upscale casual dining experiences with improved service and elegant lounge spaces for members to enjoy. These spaces included:
- A signature member arrival experience includes a dramatic double-height atrium space flanked by reflecting pools.
- An upscale hybrid grille/sports bar overlooking the 18th green with a touchtone central gathering bar, open view kitchen and signature wine display. As a means to improve service a dedicated buffet area was included and a modest expansion to the existing kitchen was included.
- A 400-person ballroom with dramatic ceilings, a custom signature chandelier, and folding partitions to subdivide the space.
- A “small plates” bistro restaurant and bar with exterior modulating louvered pergola. To improve the level of service, this restaurant included its own separate 650 s.f. kitchen.
- Beyond the specifics of the desired programmatic elements, the overarching goal was to reimagine the clubhouse as a sequence of comfortable inviting member spaces that flow seamlessly together as well as modernize the overall architectural aesthetic and create a unique luxurious modern palette of materials to complement the exciting new spaces.